LX Guidance for Returning to Hockey from 12 April
LX returned to hockey with their first event, the Intra Club Day on 7 April in Bristol.
The guidance issued by EH on 9 April https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/media/news/hockeys-first-steps-back-for-summer-of-fun?utm_campaign=12299417_Return%20To%20Hockey%20-%20April%202021&utm_medium=email&utm_source=England%20Hockey%20Board&dm_i=K8Z,7BMAH,3DRKE8,TPGB6,1 does not materially change the ‘rules’ put in place for the return of hockey from the 29th March. Therefore:
- All upcoming LX activities fall within the definitions of intra club or friendly matches outlined by EH ‘Getting Back on the Pitch Step 4 (V 3.0)’ and so may take place.
- Members will be asked to consider their journey times to LX hockey events so that they meet the spirit of participating in outdoor sport and respect the community considerations of easing with care from lockdown restrictions.
- In terms of distance to travel, because of the nationwide catchment of members, LX considers it reasonable that players living within the region of an activity or, if outside the region, within approximately one hour’s travel, should feel comfortable attending that activity, provided players meet all existing Covid-19 requirements as published on the LX Website.
- We specifically draw your attention to a need to travel alone or within a family or support bubble.
- No spectators are allowed at Club or Academic institution (ie non-public) venues.
- Although changing rooms can be used from 12 April, we strongly advise that they are avoided, or their use is minimised to where this is essential. Venues may decide not to open them.
- Outdoor seated hospitality will be allowed, and takeaway services can continue, BUT we must all follow legal gathering limits and social distancing rules.
These restrictions will be re-considered ahead of the next milestone date on 17 May.
The LX Covid-19 Team
Covid Officer Mike Leatt
To support the LX Club in handling the return to hockey actions a small 3 man Covid team of Mike Leatt, Roger Girling and Richard Slator has been set up with Mike Leatt taking the lead and being registered with England Hockey (EH) as the clubs Covid Officer and thus acting as the interface between the club and EH on all Covid matters.