LX HOCKEY EASING BUT NOT REMOVING COVID RESTRICTIONS!
Following the Government Covid announcement, from 17 May rules governing sport, socialising and to a lesser extent travelling have been relaxed.
On pitch, competitions are now allowed but keep the distancing rules in place re bags, briefings, greetings, use of dug outs and any local rules re flow of people.
Still to do:
- (Match Managers) complete the match attendance spreadsheet of players.
- Players complete the EH Participation Agreement to play in order to be insured.
- Guest players, as a one off, can play for LX but must register on the EH site as an LX participant for intra club or friendly games.
- Support venues where they are using the NHS Track and Trace app
- Changing rooms may now be available but only use them sparingly – the advice is to come changed to a game and shower at home.
- Club houses are permitted to be open and spectators allowed both in and out doors but social distancing rules apply; groups of 6 or 2 households indoors with capacity limited by 100 sq ft/person and groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Car sharing is possible but please check latest guidelines. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
- Travel. Whilst travel on the UK mainland has eased, travel abroad has not and there remain heavy restrictions and conditions even for ‘green’ countries like Portugal. Overseas competition therefore remains off the menu for now.
Remember; most of us may be vaccinated, but we can still carry as can others and new variants keep popping up! So, stay safe! Next Key date is 21 June. Fuller details from EH are at:
LX Covid Team
Covid Officer Mike Leatt
To support the LX Club in handling the return to hockey actions a small 3 man Covid team of Mike Leatt, Roger Girling and Richard Slator has been set up with Mike Leatt taking the lead and being registered with England Hockey (EH) as the clubs Covid Officer and thus acting as the interface between the club and EH on all Covid matters.